Saranac Elementary School Counseling Program
The goal of the counseling program at Saranac Elementary School is to provide the correct supports for each student to optimize their potential, academically, socially, emotionally and behaviorally. We want our students to thrive not just survive. Our belief is that every student can succeed at Saranac Elementary with the proper support.
We are a PBIS school. Therefore we provide Supports for our students on three levels to meet our goal of success for all students.
- Supports that we provide to all students.
- Star slips, Star Club, Superstar Club, No Referral Parties, Block Parties, Classroom Parties
- Social/Emotional education for all students. Character education for all students.
- Volunteer Center available to all 5th grade students and for some 3rd and 4th grade students.
- Supports we provide to about 15% students. For students who need just a little extra support in the right area. The following are considered Tier II Supports for our students:
- Check in/check out
- Social skills clubsShort term individual counseling
- Teacher consultation
- Parent consultation
- Peer mediation
- Mentor program
- Meaningful work program
- Intensive supports for just a few students. These supports are highly individualized and intense. These supports are best implemented with a high level of parental involvement. At this level we are working on a plan with a team of family members and other adults who support the child. These supports may include but are not limited to the following:
- wrap around plan, referral to outside agencies and services, medication management program.