The attendance laws require these written excuses from home and we must insist they be provided. Written excuses must be kept on file by the school for three years.
When a student is absent from school or a class, it is the responsibility of the student to make up all work missed. Parents are asked to contact the Guidance Office by 11:00 a.m. if they wish to request work sent home.
Eligibility Guidelines - Interscholastic competition & Extracurricular Activities
***Grades will be pulled from SchoolTool every Monday morning at 8:30 a.m.***
**Parent Notification Letters will be mailed home on Monday afternoons**
** Parents who have provided email addresses will receive letters via email**
- Any Student failing (below 65) two or more classes will be placed on the Ineligible List for one week (Tuesday to the following Monday).
Students on the Ineligible List:
- Must attend Ineligible Study Hall if they are failing two or more subjects during the last 20 minutes of their lunch period
- Must attend Sports, Drama practices, Builders Club, or Student Council meetings (if participating)
- Must attend home games
- in street clothes
- Sit on the bench with the team but not participate in the game
- Will have the opportunity to initiate, follow and complete an individual academic contract with a guidance counselor and teacher(s). However, lack of individual effort resulting in failure is not solid ground for initiating a contract.
- This contract may allow students to participate in building activities and extra-curricular activities including sports
- Contracts must be initiated by the student no later than 2:00pm on the day in which the ineligible list goes into effect.
- Violation of agreed upon contract will result in immediate restriction from all building activities.
- Administrator may override the terms of any contract at any time. **If discipline becomes chronic for students on this list, the administrator has the right to take students out of practice.
- Cannot attend away games
- Cannot attend extra-curricular activities (school dances, athletic events)
- Any student failing only one class:
- Must remain in the cafeteria during lunch periods
- Cannot participate in intramurals
- Can participate in all school and extra-curricular activities
- May be administratively placed on the Ineligible List if recommended by teachers
- May not leave school early for athletic contests.
ü Approved by the Middle School Shared Decision Making Committee, October 2013